Pregnancy Countdown

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, July 26, 2010

Registering Extravaganza

Well, most of you probably have already heard from facebook that our last ultrasound showed us that we are for sure having 2 BOYS and a GIRL! We would have enjoyed any mix really- but this was really our top choice (First I wanted 2 girls, but then I thought about having to pay for 2 weddings and changed my mind!) It's been fun to be able to think about color and decor for the babies' room- definitely the neutral colors come in very handy for me!

So after several hours back and forth at Babies R Us and Target, we have pretty much completed our registry. I think most who have gone through this before would agree that working on a baby registry is much more overwhelming than your wedding. But thanks to my wonderful sister-n-law, Andrea, I had a coach and consultant through it all. We tried to stay conservative knowing that the babies will be sharing a lot of things, but things like- car seats, crib sheets, mattress pads, high chairs, and bottles- x3 really adds up.It makes me really glad that we got so many things at garage sales (bouncy seats, exer saucers, pack n play, cribs, changing table) It's pretty crazy how pricey these little peanuts can be!! Oh yea- and I didn't even mention that we'll be going through at least 30 diapers/day for the first several months!!

When I feel overwhelmed by the amount of stuff 3 babies need and how to provide for them- I start to think of all the positives- that I've already experienced- even before they're born:

- care and ongoing generosity from others (this is true community and we're so thankful to be surrounded by such wonderful people)
-specialized medical attention
- ultrasound every 2 weeks or more- it's amazing seeing our babies so often!
- benefits and support from multiple groups
- for these 7- 7 1/2 months I get to play the "Excuse me, are you carrying 3 babies in your belly?" card for just about anything- but especially with chores around the house.
-it will be the only time in my life that I don't have to worry about how many calories I'm consuming. The multiples books I'm reading says I should be consuming about 3,500 calories/day! If I were actually doing this- I'd be eating all day long- with no time for anything else. About 12 servings of grain and 5 servings of dairy are recommended- I won't complain since I'm a big fan of anything in the bread category and of course ice cream.

The last thing I wanted to say is that our little girl can really hold her own- in the last ultrasound it looked like she had one of her brothers in a headlock position!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for updating. I've been wondering and so have other family members, where and when you were going to register somewhere.
    Love, Mom R.

    ReplyDelete